There can be a lot of frustration that comes along with a broken copy machine or printer. Not to mention, the inconvenience of not being able to get your print job done is enough to significantly disrupt your work productivity.
Here are some of the most common copy machine problems, and simple solutions to fix them:
- Paper Jams – These are the most common copy machine problems. This can happen because you are using the wrong size paper, or it has been loaded incorrectly.
This can be resolved easily; just remove the jammed paper manually and reload the correct size. Copier Supply Store also recommends wiping the built-up dust off the feed tires.
- Cartridge or toner issues – This can be due to low, empty, or malfunctioning toner.
To fix this, simply replace your toner. How much you use your printer will determine how often you need to replace the parts. If your toner is malfunctioning, it could be because you are using incompatible cartridges with your machine. Copier Supply store can help you determine which kind of toner is most compatible with your machine.
- Lines on Paper – Streaks or lines running across your page can ruin your print.
If this is continuously happening, check for foreign substances on the scanner glass. If that doesn’t solve your problem, a service technician will have to make sure your drum or develop units aren’t malfunctioning.
- Wrinkled pages – Wrinkled pages make your copy job look unprofessional. This tends to happen due to worn out feed and exit rollers that jam your paper.
To fix it you can purchase replacement trays, or you may need to fix the fuser assembly.
- Copies are discolored. If your copies are coming out too light or too dark, it means your density controls on your copier are imbalanced, in which case all you’ll have to do is reset them.
- There are spots on the pages – If you’re noticing random dots across your copies, it’s most likely due to debris on the copy mirror. This is fixed by simply cleaning the copy glass and mirror.